Beauty's 2021 1 Year Health Guarentee and Spay/Nueter Contract
Seller guarantees that this puppy has been examined by a licensed Vet and found to be in good overall health before going home. The Buyer agrees to have the puppy examined within 4 business days by a licensed Veterinarian. We ask that you give the puppy the first day after going home as a rest/acclimation day, and schedule your vet appointment after that. You must keep a written record of your vet check.
Seller warrants this puppy up to the age of a year old for untreatable life threatening genetic problems. No other conditions are covered in this Contract. Should puppy develop one of the above described conditions this contract guarantees a replacement puppy only, no money will be refunded. Buyer agrees to notify breeder if their vet has diagnosed or is completing any testing for potentially life altering/life threatening conditions. It is always our intention as the breed “ experts” to try to help you as the client and our puppies. We always want you to have a happy, healthy puppy and want to help if there is ever a question of this!
Conditions of the replacement puppy guarantee will also be outlined below. Buyer agrees to educate themselves to common health conditions or ailments the breed may be predisposed to and considered common within the Shih Tzu breed. These conditions will NOT be covered by our health guarantee. We do not guarantee size, confirmation or trainability of a puppy.
Buyer agrees to the following:
- This dog will not be placed in a rescue situation, (humane society or rescue group) or resold to anyone for any reason. Should the buyer no longer be able to care for the dog it is agreed that the dog will be returned to the breeder. Buyer understands that while the seller provides a lifetime home guarantee for all puppies, no money will be returned to the buyer at any time.
- The puppy must be taken to a vet within 4 business days in order for the health guarantee to be valid, a record must be provided of such.
- The puppy must not be taken out to public places until his/her shots are complete and they are fully vaccinated. Shots should be given one at a time, NO more than two in any visit.
- The dog must be spayed or neutered before he or she reaches 7 months of age as outlines below. Puppies not spayed/ neutered by this age are no longer covered by this contract.
- The puppy will be kept on quality commercial grade food. Good nutrition is very important and Beauty’s Shih Tzu cannot be responsible for conditions resulting from or intensified by obesity, starvation, malnutrition or common food allergens, or otherwise aggravated by food. The puppy will be kept on puppy food no longer than 6 months, except in the case of very tiny puppies where the vet has recommended the puppy remain on puppy food longer. The protein level of the food must be 28% or lower by the time the puppy reaches 6 months of age. High protein food is not tolerated well and can cause life threatening conditions.
- The puppy will receive his or her entire core shot series ( 5 way NOT 7 way), bordetella and rabies are optional at the discretion of the vet and buyer. Please take caution with heartgard as well flea prevention. Please do your research and chose carefully, breeder is not responsible for any reactions arising from these medications. Preventative care is important and we do recommend buyers have pre operation blood work completed at the time spay and neuter and follow vet recommendations for future preventative testing for the dog’s optimal health. If these is any question on any testing or vet care it is recommended for the buyer to contact the breeder and also consider a second opinion of another vet.
- The puppy will be kept in the buyer's home and will not be kept kenneled or created for excessive periods of time and will never be left chained outside or in an outdoors only environment.
- The puppy will not be abused or mistreated in any way, whether accidental or intentional. Beauty’s Shih Tzu reserves the legal right to take back the puppy at any time with its properly signed AKC papers should this situation occur. This is at the sole professional discrimination of the breeder and there will be no compensation provided to the buyer in any way should this situation occur and all other warranties are considered void.
- Breeder determines when the puppy is ready to go home. Puppy will be at least 2 pounds, vet checked and eating comfortably on their own. Breeders have sole discretion about when we feel a puppy is mentally/physically ready to go to their new home.
- Buyer agrees that they will contact breeder before euthanasia is performed. Should euthanasia be performed before contacting the breeder than this contract will also be terminated and no replacement puppy will be given. Should a puppy die an autopsy must be performed (at Buyer’s Expense) and the Buyer must provide Beauty’s Shih Tzu all written findings which state the defect and cause of the puppy’s death within 7 days of the Autopsy. The autopsy and written statement from your vet stating what the puppy conclusively died from must accompany complete medical records and be sent to Beauty’s Shih Tzu. Beauty’s Shih Tzu will then send the results to our vet who will review the results and autopsy. Buyer’s Vet will be available for consultation with Breeder and or our Vet or Specialist if deemed necessary. No puppy will be replaced for any reason that fails to have proper veterinary care or is abused in any way. All medical and other expenses accrued by the buyer for the puppy are the responsibility of the buyer.
- Buyer agrees that puppy will be returned to breeder after breeder’s vet has accepted the results of buyer’s vet within 72 hours. If the puppy needs to be shipped, the buyer will ship the puppy on the first available flight. AKC papers/application and all ownership will be transferred back to Beauty’s Shih Tzu at this time. Any Shipping will be at the expense of the buyer.
Should buyer qualify for a replacement puppy he or she will be given one of the same value ( the same price and gender). Because replacement puppies must be the same gender and value buyer understands that they have to wait for such a puppy to be produced. Should buyers choose a more expensive puppy buyer will have the option of paying the price difference. Should buyer choose a less expensive puppy than buyer will forfeit the difference in price. Buyer has been made aware that Seller does not have puppies available all the time. When puppy buyers selects a puppy, he/she will sign a written contact which will include a pick up date. That date must be met, and if puppy buyer is unable to take the replacement puppy at that time for any reason buyer is then forfeiting a replacement puppy and sellers obligation will be considered to have been fulfilled.
All of our puppies are placed with a Spay and Neuter Contract. Sorry no exceptions.
Purchaser agrees to spay or neuter puppy by the age of 7 months. The majority of puppies should be spayed or neutered between 4-6 months. Our recommendation is that a puppy should be 3 pounds or bigger at the time of spay or neuter. If the puppy has not reached a safe weight/size to spay or neuter than purchaser agrees they will contact us with the recommendation from their vet to wait longer and the reason as to why.Purchaser has been made aware that physically both males and females can reproduce as young as 6 months so it is in their best interest to avoid any possible accidents and have their puppy spayed or neutered at an appropriate age. While all the parents of our puppies are AKC registered we no longer offer AKC papers on our puppies.
Proof of Spay or Neuter must be sent to Beauty's Shih Tzu by the time the puppy is 8 months of age. Failure to do so results in the rights and ownership of the puppy and the buyer must surrender their puppy to Beauty's Shih Tzu at the purchaser's expense. If puppies are produced, the purchaser agrees to pay a fine of $2,500 per puppy produced and must still surrender their dog. Purchaser agrees that he or she will be responsible for any or all fees incurred for the safe recovery and return of the puppy to Beauty's Shih Tzu.
The Internet and Puppy Sales:
While we do maintain a website and online presence we do not feel we sell/adopt our puppies electronically. We require a phone interview to ensure our puppies go to the best homes for them and we are the right breeder for you. The internet has many benefits, but there are also downfalls. The internet allows one to spread information very quickly and possibly in a permanent and very damaging way. We read about breeder wars on almost daily basis and do not want to be involved in any such wars or disputes on the internet.
As breeders we strive for perfection but every dog will have flaws, just like we do as people. Ultimately Mother Nature has the final say. Not all puppies will mature the way we hope them to mature and there is the possibility of defects.
That being said if you choose to circulate negative information about our breeding program, the puppy you have purchased etc. on any type of public forum your contract will be considered null and void and we may consider legal action for slander. Should there be a problem with your puppy, buyer and the puppy breeder ( ourselves) will try to resolve the issue in the most civil and mature manner and neither puppy buyer or breeder will post anything about this issue in a public forum.
Lifetime Home Guarantee:
Unfortunate and unplanned circumstances do occur in life and should you no longer be able to keep your puppy buyer agrees to immediately notify breeder. No dog will ever be placed in the humane society or rescue situation. Breeder will try to help you find a suitable home or may choose to take the dog back. Buyer agrees to surrender all legal rights to the dog and sign over AKC papers to the breeder should this occur. Buyer understands there will be no refund of any money. Breeders will find each of our puppies or adults a suitable prescreened home if necessary. Any money made of the placement of the dog in a suitable home will be applied toward the care of the dog while with us or toward the next puppy or adult dog who may need this service.
The sale of this purebred Shih Tzu is made upon the following terms:
Call Name of puppy:
Date of birth:
Color, (at the time of sale, colors can change. Pigment is guaranteed):
Name of buyer:
City: State: Zip Code:
Price of the puppy:
Deposit received: Method of payment:
Shipping or delivery Charges:
Amount due before the puppies goes home (balance less deposit or any other payment received):
The buyer agrees that the acceptance of PayPal or credit cards through PayPal/ or our banks is for the convenience of the buyer and that buyer is responsible for any fees for using such a service. No charge backs will be filed for any reason.
No other warranties or guarantees are made expressed or implied. Please note: Due to the possibility of unforeseen circumstances in our lives as well as yours, this contract will be considered null and void if the Breeder is no longer breeding during the Buyer’s 5 year Health Guarantee.
Any disputes regarding this purchase will be litigated in Breeder’s County and State of residence at the expense of the buyer.
I (Buyer’s Name):_________________________________________________________ have read and understood all terms stated in this contract. Date__________________________
I have approved the above stated buyer and have received all paperwork applicable for me to complete the sale of this puppy to his or her new owner.